Bethany Christian Services Refugee Resettlement Program

Address: 

108 North 5th Street
Allentown , PA 18102
Pennsylvania

Site Housing: 
The student would need to live with a host family as we do not have living accommodations on site.

Gender Requirement: 
Either Gender

Driver's License Required: 
Yes

Student Minimum Age: 
18

Language Requirement: 
Not Required

Transportation: 
Each student will need to provide her or his own transportation

Site Dates: 
Any 8 consecutive weeks between May 16th and August 12th.

Social Issues: 
Refugees

Bethany Christian Services Refugee Resettlement Program

Status: 
Open

Site Description: 

Bethany Christian Services' mission is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. The refugee resettlement program is a 3- month program designed to assist refugees from their arrival in the U.S. towards integration into the community and work towards self-sufficiency. Our agency partners with local groups, churches, businesses and volunteers to help refugees integrate and identify the appropriate supports and resources in the community.

Student Responsibilities:
The refugee resettlement SSLP student will be interacting with refugee clients every day while supporting case management and administrative staff in ensuring refugees have the resources and supports they need. This will include escorting clients to health appointments, grocery shopping, school enrollment, learning public transportation, taking them to get State identification cards, benefits from the welfare office and introducing refugees to the community. This will be 80% of their time, while the other 20% will be documenting these interactions and supports in client case files and in case notes and working as a team with other case managers to support refugees. This will be coupled with an hour or two each week working with the Community engagement specialist to ensure donations for refugee clients and helping them get these resources to refugee homes.


mailto: (mailto: )

View All Events

Upcoming Events

May 2022

31
Graduate Summer Institute for Engaged Research and Teaching
Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 12:00am to Thursday, June 2, 2022 - 11:45pm

June 2022

03
ND Explores STEM: Healthcare
Friday, June 3, 2022 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
09
Information Session | RISE: Hometown
Thursday, June 9, 2022 - 7:00pm
15
Preferred Application Deadline | Graduate Fellowship
Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 12:00am to 11:45pm
16
Information Session | RISE: South Bend
Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 7:00pm

September 2022

07
Pathways Out of Poverty: Venture Creation and Contemporary Europe
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 - 11:00am to 1:00pm