How to Apply and find a placement in the sslp
We appreciate your interest in the Summer Service Learning Program (SSLP), an eight-week immersion within a three-credit course in theology entitled "Kinship on the Margins."
Requirements to Apply
- Previous service experience, academic good standing, availability for eight consecutive weeks during summer, and registering for THEO33936.
- The application has been closed.
- Interviews take place in Geddes Hall and last approximately 45 minutes.
- After the interview, if you are accepted into the next stage of the process, you will receive an invitation to the Placement Meeting. These meetings last 60 minutes and entail learning more about the sites you are interested in. Attending a placement meeting does not guarantee an offer of a SSLP site.
- If you are offered a site placement, you have five days to accept or decline the offer. If you accept, you will sign up for a 45 minute contract signing appointment. At this appointment, you will sign a contract affirming that you meet all the requirements, are 100% committed to the SSLP, and are not waiting on any other offers, internships, programs, etc.
Contact Emily Garvey, Garvey.email@example.com.