Seminars Leadership Recruitment for 2016–2017
Social Concerns Seminars depend significantly upon our student leaders. We begin seeking leaders in the spring for the upcoming academic year. We offer well over 20 seminars a year and this requires over 90 leaders. Seminar student leader positions include leading peers at Appalachia sites, Urban Plunge sites, and within smaller seminars (Energy, Climate, and Social Change; Migrant Experiences, U.S. Health Care: Policy and Poverty, Gospel of Life, etc.). Most of our leaders are former participants in a seminar but we welcome all who are interested in leadership to apply.
Through the year, we will be recruiting and inviting students to consider leading in a seminar for the 2016–2017 academic year. However, we aim to fill the leadership roles as early as possible.
Priority deadline April 15, 2016 (This includes an interview and placement this spring in preparation for 2016–17 seminars).
- The 2016–17 application opens on Monday, March 14 and the priority deadline is Friday, April 15.
- Interviews will be conducted April 18–29. Decisions will be made by early May.
- Applying by this time ensures you will get an interview. You may still apply after the deadline and we will reach out as needed.
- After your application has been received you will be invited into an interview. Applicants for Appalachia and Urban Plunge will participate in a group interviews and smaller seminar leaders will be invited into one-to-one interviews with program staff.
Things to note:
- Students can apply to more than one leadership site, but please note, that if you apply to more than one option, you will need to participate in that interview (Appalachia, Urban, or the small seminar interviews).
- If interested in leading at more than one Appalachia site, you will only need to participate in one interview.
- The application process will happen for all of the seminars—fall, winter, and spring.